This week at the Global Design Project we are casing the designer Shawn Olivera. Shawn makes beautiful cards, you really need to pop over to his blog to see the stuff he creates as you will be blown away. He used the beautiful Rose Wonder dies to create his card and its our job this week to case his card. Here is my card made using Rose Wonder.
How did I make this clean and elegant card?
- Die cut the largest flower twice and layer the die cut to make it thicker.
- Snip off the leaves to separate them from the main flower.
- Glue the die cut to whisper white card and coloured the inside relief area with watercolour pencils.
- Add Wink of Stella to add some sparkle.
- Score around the edge of the card base using my scoring tool twice to add an embossed frame.
- Stamp the sentiment from the Better Together stamp set in Smoky Slate Ink.
- Cut the leaves and stick them so they nestled behind the main flower head.
- Stick the rose and leaves to the card front with dimensionals to give depth and dimension.
I really hope you join is with this weeks challenge, this is the card we are casing…
Go over to the Global Design Project Challenge Blog to see what the other designers have created and also to see how to take part yourself this week, we love to see what you made!
Below are the items I used to create this card, if you pop on over to my shop by clicking any of the images below remember to check out the retiring list and clearance rack and be sure to add the monthly hostess code if you spend £20+ (and less than £150). Thanks for your support, I really do appreciate your custom.