This week at the Global Design Project we are casing the designer Tanja Solar from Germany. I have used the Butterflies Thinlits Dies as Tanja using the dragonfly in her beautiful card. You must pop over to take a look at her lovely blog as she is super talented. We are currently both in Thailand enjoying the Stampin’ Up! Incentive trip together 🙂
I kept my card pretty simple this week and added lots of layers and textures.
How I made my Card
- I cut a rectangle from the Foil Frenzy Speciality DSP and die cut the detailed butterfly using the Butterfly Thinlits.
- I punched a piece of Pool Party card with the Ticket Tear Border Punch and layered it underneath the foil frenzy rectangle.
- I cut a length of Pool Party Shimmer Ribbon and glued and stapled it to the foil frenzy rectangle.
- I stamped a greeting from the Watercolor Wings stamp set onto white cardstock in black ink and cut into a rectangle.
- I die cut a fancy strip from the Flourish Thinlits in Island Indigo cardstock.
- Everything was layered up onto my whisper white card base.
- I then added glue to the body of the butterfly and secured it into the die cut space to hold it to the card but left the wings to move freely.
- A few rhinestones and it was complete.
Here is the lovely card we are casing this week from Tanja Kolar.
Please join us this week and make a card based on Tanja’s card and enter the Global Design Project challenge and you could be selected as one of the weekly winners 🙂 Pop over to the blog to see what the other design team members have made too!
All the items I have used to make my card are from Stampin’ Up! and available from my online shop. Please use the monthly hostess code when shopping with me to receive a free thank you gift.
Make the most of the monthly offer too and get a coupon to spend in August for every £45 you spend in July.