This month at the Technique 101 blog hop we are all using Embossing paste! I had not used this new product before and to be honest and just winged it. It was really easy, fast drying and added a lovely texture and dimension to my card so will definitely be using it again soon.
I used the paste to create the glittery cloud background.
To make the background using embossing paste I did the following
- I sponged a whisper white card base with Marina Mist ink and a sponge to create a mottled cloudy background.
- I placed my mask with the clouds over my card front and taped in place with washi tape so it did not move.
- I then used the palette knife and the embossing paste to spread the paste over the mask as if you spreading butter onto toast.
- Ensure that you cover the whole area and all the die cut cloud shapes with a think layer of the embossing paste.
- Then keeping the palette knife horizontal to the card base and stencil (and the desk) scrape off the excess so you only leave the paste left inside the cloud shape.
- Add any paste back to the tub and wipe off the excess paste from the palette knife using a wet wipe.
- Be quick with the clean up as the paste dries really quick.
- Remove the washi tape and peel back the mask and wash with soapy water and dry.
- Sprinkle dazzling diamonds glitter to the clouds and set aside for the embossing paste to dry completely.
- Stamp the critter and colour with aqua painter, watercolour pencils or a blender pen (which is what I used).
- Die cut the critter (sloth) and create a frame which what ever you have in your craft room, A standard square mat and layer will work fine.
- Once the embossing paste background is dry add the quirky critter to the front using dimensionals.
Isn’t it fun? I really hope you give the embossing paste a try. Time to hop across to see what the other blog hoppers have made using embossing paste. Next up is Frenchie >
Just in case you get lost along the way, here is the list of participants this month, hope you enjoy hopping around and be sure to leave us a comment if you like what you see.
If you would like to purchase any of the items I used to create this card or any other Stampin Up products simply click any of the images shared below to go direct to my online shop and be sure to enter the monthly hostess code to receive a free thank you gift from me as I really appreciate your business.