I am sharing a cool technique with you today called Embossed Watercolour Resist for the Technique 101 Blog Hop.
I have the best customers and one of my lovely ladies in Scotland was telling me about creating this technique and I have since fallen in love with the emboss watercolour resist technique.
How to create the Embossed Watercolour Resist technique
- I stamped the leaf image from Colorful Seasons over the watercolour paper using Versamark Ink.
This was probably the trickiest part as the ink is clear and hard to detect until you have sprinkled the clear embossing powder on it.
- I then sprinkled white embossing powder own the inky leaf stamped images and heat set with a heat tool.
- Wet the watercolour paper with a paint brush and water, be liberal with the water.
- Choose the colours you wish to use and squeeze the ink pads whilst still closed to pool some ink in the lid. Open the ink pad and add 3-5 drops of water into the pooled ink to make it really watery.
- With an aqua painter pick up your chosen coloured ink and colour ink the stamped image.
- The ink will stay within the embossed lines and create the emboss resist technique.
- If you need to re-wet your watercolour paper until all the stamped images are coloured in.
- Once completed dry the watercolour paper with a heat tool then re-wet the background with the water and paint brush and using Marina Mist (watered down in the lid) blend the ink in the background.
- Dry and assemble the card.
The ink will fade as it drys but you can dry and repeat the process or add less watered down ink colour to your image to make it as bright as you wish.
Try it, pretty sure you will love the effect and we have some beautiful stamps which would work great with this technique.
For more ideas and inspiration on using the watercolour emboss resist technique let’s pop over to Frenchie’s blog to see what she has created.
If you get in a muddle whilst hopping around, here is the line up..
1. France Poitras Martin – USA
2 .Sandi MacIver – Canada
3. Leonie Schroder – Australia
4. Carmen Morris – Netherlands
5. Heike Vass – Germany
6. Michelle Last – UK < You are here
All the items I have used to make this card are available from my Online Shop, simply click any of the images shared below to go direct to that item in my shop and place your order.
Please use the monthly hostess code if you spend £20+ to receive a free thank you gift as I really appreciate you shopping with me 🙂