I am sharing this beautiful snowy Christmas scene with you today made using the Hearts Come Home Bundle in the new Autumn/Winter seasonal catalogue.
This week at the Global Design Project we are casing the super talented, hugely funny and well just simply huge hearted Brian King, a fellow demo based in the US. Brian works full time but still manages to have a very successful Stampin Up business whilst making the most adorable cards, pop over to his blog to see more of his work….
These dies are to die for, seriously there are so many possibilities with the Hometown Greetings Edgelit dies but when paired with the coordinating stamp set Hearts Come Home it takes it to another level.
I have completely fallen in love with the mixed fonts used and the little houses and santa on his sleigh, just stunning!
I am using this bundle in my upcoming October technique class and have 3 very different cards to create using this one bundle. Pop to this sneak peek in the class post to see more ideas.
How I created this card
- I cut the buildings in whisper white using the precision base plate as there are lots of intricate cut outs and if you want them to pop out easy then I’d definitely recommend the precision base place.
- I embossed the card front with the softly falling embossing folder.
- The mat for the front of the card measures 11.5 x 8.5cm (silver glimmer paper) the whisper white layer is 8 x 11cm.
- Line up your die cuts to that they are overlapping but not cutting out too much detail and then trim to 8x11cm
- Stamp your chosen sentiment in the white space at the base of the card.
- Add tiny dimensionals to layer the die cuts to give them dimension and add a sparkly heart.
I allowed the church spire to overlap the top of the card but be sure to check the card will fit an envelope otherwise you could trim it down a little.
Here is the card of Brian’s that we are casing this week, why not join us this week and share your entry over at the Global Design Project? Let’s go and see what the other design team members have made using Brian’s card as inspiration…
If you would like to purchase any of the items I used to make this card they are all shown below. Click any of the images to go direct to that item in my shop and add to your basket. Be sure to check out the World Card Making Day Special Offers as they end tomorrow, click the banner below to see all the items at 15% off, offer finishes on 10th October.
If you place an order for £20+ be sure to add the monthly hostess code to receive a free thank you gift from me in November. Don’t use the code if your own spend is £150+ as you get the stampin’ rewards to spend in your own order.