I have a new home card to share with you using the Flying Home stamp set from Stampin’ Up!
When I saw this cute bird and babies in a nest I thought of ‘flying the nest’ so I felt it lends itself to a new home card.
I used the greetings from the Home Life stamp set which were perfect.
Here is how I made the card
- Stamp the bird and nest onto whisper white in Black Memento Ink.
- Colour the image with Stampin’ Blends (not shown in the photo below).
- Punch out a circle using the 2″ circle punch and with the relief I framed the image but left some of the stamp overhanging the outside of the circle and drew a pencil line.
- Cut around the over hanging parts of the image with scissors.
- Position the image into the punch and made sure to have the overhang inside the base of the punch so it was not cut off.
- Simply rub out the pencil line and mount onto a scallop circle from the layering circle framelits and a large smoky slate circle.
The cloud background was created with the Pattern Party Decorative Masks and Smoky Slate and Soft Sky Ink and a sponge.
The greeting from the Home Life stamp set was stamped on Basic Grey ink and I used my new stamparatus to position the greeting perfectly! It is amazing, I cannot wait for you to get your hands on one!
I think I am addicted to the Stampin’ Blends, they give such an intense pop of colour.
So if you fancy a little spending spree with Stampin’ Up! don’t forget that you can choose a free sale-a-bration item with every £45 you spend. Such a great deal and lots of choose from. The leaflet with all the free choices is shown on the right.
Be sure to enter the monthly hostess code when spending £20+ to receive a free thank you gift and please get in touch if I can help with anything.
Have a great weekend!