I hardly noticed the Southern Serenade stamp set in the Spring & Summer seasonal catalogue at first but it is really easy to create simple cards and it has a good mix of images and greetings.
I created this card for a team swap at our team training this past weekend. It was a colour swap using Pool Party, Perfect Plum, Sahara Sand and Very Vanilla.
How I made the Southern Serenade Card
- Stamp the lace effect background in Pool Party (I stamped it off first to make it a little lighter)
- Stamp the flower outline in Soft Suede Ink and colour the leaves and stem with a Sahara Sand Stampin’ Write Marker
- Swipe your embossing buddy over the entire image to absorb any moisture
- Ink the dots from the Timeless Textures in Versamark and stamp in several places around the flower image and heat emboss in gold
- Colour the flowers in Perfect Plum Ink (from the lid of the ink pad) using the aqua painter (Be careful not to smudge/bleed the soft suede outline)
- Add more intense colour nearer the centre of the flowers
- Punch a Gold Glimmer strip using the Decorative Ribbon Border Punch (keep the tiny circles of gold glimmer for the flower centres)
- Stamp the greeting in Perfect Plum Ink and cut using the Layering Oval Framelits and mount with a Sahara Sand scallop oval
- Mount and layer your elements to finish you card
I decided to make another stepped up card and to stamp the flowers again and fussy cut them to add some more dimension. I left off the Pool Party panel and the greeting and I loved its simplicity and elegance. Which one if your favourite?
I love the gold detail including the tiny scalloped edge in gold glimmer paper.
All the products I used are shared below and are available from my online shop.
If ordering online with me please use the monthly hostess code to receive a free thank you gift when spending £20+
We are also in the best offer of the year, Sale-a-bration which means for every £45 you spend you can choose a free item from the saleabration offering (shared on the right).
If you click the images below it will take you direct to that item in my shop, simply pop it in your basket and check out and have the goods sent direct to your home.