At the weekend I held a team meeting for over 80 of my team. We gathered in Milton Keynes for a day of crafting, fun, teaching and inspiration. I created four projects for them to make including one using the Springtime Impressions Thinlit Dies and specifically the Butterfly die.
It is a tri-fold card inspired by DeeDee Anderson
I created the same design but using UK cardstock sizes which have slightly different measurements to the U.S. From the front it simply looks like there is a die cut butterfly but the magic happens when you open the card….
The key to this card is the Classic Label Punch and the Butterfly Die Cut as they work perfectly together. If the wingspan of the butterfly is larger than the opening it will cause you issues.
This is the middle section once the card front has been opened.
And this is the inside once both the flaps have been opened.
I decided on a beautiful condolence greeting from the Kindness & Compassion Stamp set but you can change the greeting to any you wish.
Here are the basic measurements and instructions to make this card
- Card base measures 25.9cm x 14.9cm, score at 9cm & 18cm
- Cut two patterned paper pieces (mine are from the Frosted Floral Speciality DSP) to measure 8.5cm x 14.4cm & 7.5cm x 14.4cm (for the front and inside panels)
- Cut a piece of Whisper White card stock to measure 18.5cm x 14.4cm (for the centre panel)
- Stick patterned paper and whisper white pieces in place
- Punch out the Classic Label Punch on the front panel by pushing the punch as far as it will go from the right hand side (and approx 3cm from the top of the card)
- Keep the punched out piece
- Fold the middle panel in and lay the front panel over it and draw a pencil line where the punched shape has left the hole
- Punch another Classic Label Punch where the pencil line is shown on the middle panel
- Close the card and stick the punched out piece you kept in the recess left by the punch onto the whisper white inside piece
- Stamp your greeting on the whisper white card stock
- Stick your butterfly to the punch our piece ensuring that the wings will fit through the opening (I positioned mine approx 2cm from the top point of the punched out piece
All the supplies I used to make this card are from Stampin’ Up! and available from my online shop. Simply click any of the items shared below to go to that item in my online shop. If you spend £20+ with me, please remember to use the monthly hostess code to receive a free thank you gift for shopping with me.
I hope you enjoy giving this trim-fold card a try and thank you again to DeeDee for the inspiration!