I made a Christmas card by making my own ink pad in varying colours using wet wipes. It is a great way to get varying colours with one stamped impression and pretty simple to do! You are going to love the Wet Wipe Ink Pad technique!
Look how pretty that stamped snowflake looks in three varying colours!
How to create your own Wet Wipe Ink Pad
- I used Mint Macaron, Soft Seafoam and Pool Party ink refills and two wet wipes.
- Fold a wet wipe in half and layer two on top of one another so you have approx 4 layers of wet wipe.
- Make sure you have laid the wet wipes down on a non-porous surface so as not to stain the table/surface.
- Place several dots of one colour of ink refill over the area of the wet wipe slightly larger area than the stamp you will use.
- Leave gaps between each dot.
- Using the next colour ink refill do the same and fill in some of the gaps.
- Finally do the same with the last colour and let the ink bleed into one another.
- One you don’t have any white of the wet wipe showing you are ready to get stamping!
Stamp your stamp onto the inked wet wipe and stamp as normal. You may need to clean your stamp in between stamping to stop the colours muddying into one another too much!
I only partially stamped onto the card front with the beautiful snowflakes from the Snow is Glistening stamp set to leave a corner blank for my greeting.
I heat embossed the sentiment from the Snow is Glistening stamp set with Silver Embossing powder.
I added a little strip of patterned paper to the right edge to add some interest and voila it was complete!
I have created another card using the wet wipe ink pad technique here and I have a video tutorial on how to make it.
Did you know that the stamp set I used called Snow is Glistening is only available to buy in November from my Stampin Up Online shop?
It is a real beauty and there are some other lovely limited time products too (shared below)
If you wish to place an order, I’d be happy to help. You can visit my online shop by clicking any of the images below or click the shop now button on my blog. Please use the monthly hostess code when spending £20+ to receive a free thank you gift for shopping with me. Any questions please get in touch 🙂