I have been busy making lots of these corner bookmarks recently. I made 100+ to go out with my seasonal catalogues in September and then re-jigged the design for our recent team training. It is such a fun project and very quick to make and everyone needs a bookmark don’t they?
For this one I used the Our Home to Yours Stamp set but you can decorate as you wish. I will share the basics on how to make them as they would be a great activity for kids at half term.
I have made these two different ways but the method I am sharing here is the easiest way I have found.
How to make your own corner bookmark
- Use a square envelope which measures approx 3 x 3″, slice off a slither from two sides (next to one another not opposite).
- You can use any size envelope. Just seal it first and then cut it to the desired size (approx 3 x 3 inches) so that you still have two sealed sides from the original envelope.
- From the one open corner to another, diagonally mark with a pencil line and use scissors to remove the unwanted triangle.
- Cut a piece or designer series paper or cardstock which measure the same as the square (mine is 3×3 inches) and glue over the white inner of the envelope.
- Cut a piece of designer series paper or cardstock which measures the same as the square (mine is 3×3 inches) and cut diagonally in half (be mindful of the pattern direction) and glue over the top triangle piece of envelope.
- Decorate your bookmark as desired. If you are making this with or for children a great stamp set to use is ‘Check You Out’.
Here is the one I sent with my new seasonal catalogues….
I have listed all the supplies I used to make the one shown in the blog post. You can change and alter your supplies depending on who you are making them with/for. If you would like to purchase any of the supplies to make the bookmarks, you can visit my online shop by clicking any item shared below. Please use the monthly hostess code to receive a free thank you card and gift when shopping with my online shop and spending £20+
If you need any help or have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch. Have fun making your own.