This is the perfect card to send some hand stamped happiness right now. I have used the Layered with Kindness stamp set for the foliage and the Positive Thoughts stamp set for the greeting. It is a perfect combination.
The lovely Layered with Kindness set is retiring at the end of the mini catalogue but it may sell out before so if you love it, I totally recommend you get it before its too late, especially as its a great price at only £11.90! The Positive Thoughts stamp set is carrying over into our new Annual catalogue though so you can continue to purchase this greeting.
I used rock and roll stamping to get two colours on the leaves. It is a great technique to get multiple colours with one stamp impression.
How to do the Rock & Roll Stamping Technique
- Choose two inks that are the same colour but different shades. I used Pear Pizzazz and Garden Green.
- Ink up the whole of the stamp with the lighter coloured ink.
- Take your inked stamp to the darker colour ink and at 45 degree angle, title your stamp and rotate in a circle so that only the edges of the stamp are dipped onto the darker colour ink.
- Stamp your image onto your cardstock.
- If you wish to stamp another image, clean your stamp before repeating.
As the stamped image was relatively simple I added some distressed dots to the card and heat embossed them in silver. I then sponged the edges with crumb cake ink. It is always nice to stamp the inside to reflect the outside of the card and besides you still have all the supplies out on your desk so why not?
So why not give it a try, it a great technique but be sure to stamp the image in the lighter ink FIRST otherwise you could transfer a darker shade of ink onto your lighter ink pad.
The dots I embossed were from the Artisan textures stamp set but that has since sold out on the Last Chance List so it no longer available.
Please pop over to my online shop and be sure to check out the Last Chance List as the more popular items are selling out fast! And please use the monthly hostess code when placing an order for £20+ to receive a free thank you card and gift for shopping with me. Have a great day x