I am so fortunate to have been able to welcome two new babies into our friends and family over the last few months. It is always a time to celebrate when a new baby comes along and I had the perfect baby card in mind!
My neice had a little baby boy and Kelly who works for Stampin’ Up! UK had a little baby girl so I could not resist making the baby card in both colour combos.
I love that the new Greenery Embossing Folder looks like a hand knitted garment which was perfect for adding texture to my baby card. In the photo above I embossed the pink one and debossed the blue one. Which do you prefer? I think I like the embossed pink one.
I have made baby grow cards several times, HERE and HERE but a good card idea is never forgotten. You could also use the search function in my side bar of my blog. Just type baby and lots of options come up.
I always get lots of questions so I created a template for you.
The solid lines are cut lines using your trimmer and the dotted lines are for cutting a part of a circle using a circle die from the Layering Circles Dies. All measurements are in centimetres but could be easily changed to fit Imperial measurements.
This is a standard card base which is creased along the top and I cut both layers at the same time.
- Before you add the blue or pink cardstock trim to the neck or legs, emboss the baby grow. The Greenery embossing folder is not wide enough to emboss the whole width of the card so I embossed in two sections. It was easy to line up to emboss the 2nd section.
- The blue legs accents are cut with the Layering Circles Dies.
- I cut a neck section into the card using part of a circle for the layering circle dies before I added the collar (otherwise you will be trying to cut through 4 layers of cardstock).
- I scored a piece of blue or pink cardstock in half (approx 2cm deep and double thickness) before cutting the shortest end from the Celebration Tidings Dies to create a dainty detailed collar.
- You can then cut through the colour using part of the circle die you used to cut the neck in the white card base.
- The ‘Hello Baby’ stamps and coordinating dies are from the So Sentimental Bundle.
- And you can add a ribbon bow or a daisy created using the Small Bloom Punch (tutorial shared here).
I hope try making one of these cards, there are so many possibilities and its so sweet too! If you would like to purchase any of the items I used to create this baby card they are shared below.
If you place an order with my online shop, please remember to use the monthly hostess code as I like to send a handmade thank you card and gift for shopping with me (more information on shopping with me HERE)