I absolutely loved creating this baby card for a team member who recently welcomed twin grandsons to her family. I wanted to go the extra mile to create something extra special, after all its not every day you get to make a twins card is it?
Look at how the babygro’s, teddy and bib are all hanging from the washing line. Aren’t those little pegs the cutest? Of course there had to be two blue babygro’s!
Can you see the little half circle that keeps the card closed on the right? I will explain below how I made this baby card.
Tips on how to make this baby card
- You will see both sides of the patterned paper and the scalloped rectangles so you will need to make them double layers so the patterned is the same both sides.
- Add two triangular patterned paper pieces around the back of the Basic White Card and then mount onto Misty Moonlight card.
- Cut two rectangles from the Stitched so Sweetly dies (both the same size) and stick one on the front and layer the other behind it on ONE patterned paper rectangle.
- Cut a rectangle mount in Misty Moonlight and a Basic White layer to nest inside the Stitched Scalloped Rectangle.
- Add some Balmy Blue ink with the Blending Brushes to mimic clouds for the background on the whisper white rectangle.
- Glue your linen thread in place using tombow glue with a very light touch.
- Stamp and die cut your chosen images from the All for baby stamp set and layer them on the basic white rectangle with dimensionals just below the line of the linen thread.
- Die cut pegs and stick in place with tombow.
- With a pencil mark the edge of the scalloped rectangle on the patterned paper to use as a guide on where to do your partial die cut.
- Using one of the small Layering Circles dies. Position it slightly to the left of the pencil mark and lay your plates of your die cut machine to finish half way across the circle so it will only cut hall of the circle. Make sure you are cutting the half circle to the left of the pencil line and not the right.
- Run through your die cutter and then use as a fastening for the front of your card.
- Stamp your chosen greeting inside the card.
- Create a stand for the back so that the card stands up when on display.
Don’t worry it you get an indentation from the die, simply run through your die cutting machine again without the die or gently rub with a bone folder.
And finally an image of the support for the back to make it stand up.
I loved making this card so much. If you or someone you know is welcoming a new baby into their family, then why not give this a go and make something extra special too!
All the items I used are share below. Click any of the images to go to that item in my shop and add it to your basket. Please use the monthly hostess code when shopping with me online, to receive a free thank you card and gift as I really do appreciate your support.