I am sharing a box frame with you today that I created using the Every Chapter stamp set from our Stampin’ Up mini catalogue. It is a perfect home decor piece to give to a friend.
I really enjoyed taking my time to colour this image using my Stampin’ Blends which are alcohol markers and create a beautifully blended and shaded image.
This project is designed to have dimension and with the use of dimensionals and an extra shelf to sit the books on I think we really achieved that hence why we need a box frame (which we’re purchased from The Range – in the UK).
Here are my hints and tips on how to make the box frame
- Use Memento Black Ink for the outline image.
- Stamp the image onto Shimmery White or Thick Basic White cardstock
- Add shades of light and dark of the same colour to make the books look 3D
- Use the Colour Lifter to lift areas of ink to mimic faded books
- Score the card where each book touch and use a bone folder to slightly curve the book spines
- Add up to 3 layers of dimensionals behind the centre of the spines to get them to curve
- Hand cut/fussy cut around the stamped and coloured image and touch up any outline with a black marker if needed.
- Punch a small hole in the centre of the cup handle to enable you to get your scissor tips in and cut out.
- Feel free to cut off some of the books to reduce the height to fit any box frame you are using
Such a lovely gift for your bestie and fun to colour too!
All the items I used to create this project are shared below. This stamp set will be leaving our mini catalogue at the end of June so if you love it, don’t let it disappear. Please click any of the items shared below to view in my online shop and please remember to use the monthly hostess code when shopping online with me to receive a free thank you gift when spending £20+ (and less than £150).
Thanks for stopping by, have a great week!