I have to be honest and tell you I was a little scared of our Hybrid Embossing Folders as I was worried they were too fiddly to use and if there were worth the extra expense. But oh my goodness, I have been completely converted!
You might be wondering what on earth is a hybrid embossing folder? It is an embossing folder that cuts and embosses at the same time. You position your die inside the embossing folder (it has a crevice in the folder where the die will nestle into) and then lay your cardstock over the top of the die, you close the embossing folder and emboss in the usual way and it not only die cuts the shape but embosses it as well. And the emboss is really deep.
You can see in the photos what beautiful definition you get from the embossing. In the Hybrid Embossing Folder you will receive 7 dies and one embossing folder and if you add the stamp set too you can get 10% off the bundle price.
How I made the Sweet Citrus Card
- I embossed a white card base with the Sweet Citrus Embossing folder (without the die) to give a beautiful impression on the base of the card.
- The lemon was stamped onto Basic White Thick Cardstock. I used a technique to create my own ink pad using baby wipes to get a good gradient of yellow colour for the lemons and green for the leaves.
- Layer a wet wipe so there are 2-3 layers of wet wipe on a silicone mat (to protect your surface) and add drops of three different colour yellow ink refills to cover an area larger than the stamp you are using. I used Daffodil Delight, Mango Melody and So Saffron.
- Leave the ink refill to spread and mix and mingle with the other coloured ink refills (see below)
- Ink up your stamp on the wet wipe ink pad and stamp in the usual way on to basic white thick cardstock for both the outside and inside of the lemons and leaves.
- Open your embossing folder with the stampin up logo on the right hand opening of the folder and position your die (with the cut side facing upwards) onto the embossing folder. You will know when it is in the right place as it won’t move easily.
- Lay your stamped piece of card over the die and close your embossing folder. Flip it over and move your card (but not the die) so that the image is in the centre of the die cut.
- Run through your die cutting machine in the usual way.
- Cut as many leaves and extra stamped flowers as desired.
- Die cut a vellum deckled rentangle (3rd largest in the set) and a white deckled rectangle (4th largest in the set).
- Stamp your greeting onto vellum using StazOn ink (dye inks will smudge on vellum)
- Assemble the layers and add gingham ribbon and in colour opal rounds to finish it off!
I added some extra lemons to our Peekaboo Treat Bags and filled with lemon sweets to make a sweet gift along with the card. I loved making this card and am truly converted to using these wonderful Hybrid Embossing Folders and I hope you’ll give them a go too.
It creates a really WOW card and you’ll be amazing at the texture with one swipe through your diecutting machine! I have listed all the items I used to create my card below. If you click any of the items, you can view them in my online shop but please remember to use the monthly hostess code and if you spend £45 you can choose a free item from our sale-a-bration promotion too.